What We Do
Meet The Team
Board of Advisors
Become our Reseller
E-Learning + Social Sites (Ready to Go)
WebStores / E-Commerce (Ready to Go)
Video Management Websites
SEO + Social Marketing
Digital Interactive Brochures
Realtor / Brokerage Management
10 Article Writing Tips For Writing Quality Articles
Posted on 06-24-2010 288 Views
Rate this Article
When asked for article writing tips, you will surely get a variety of answers. One tip is not more important than the other.
In no particular order, here are my 10 tips that will help you with your writing so you can create the best article each and every time.
1. Gather ideas for your topics. Doing a brain dump is good. Just write ideas as they come to mind. You can sort it out by putting them into categories and subcategories; deleting duplicates and so on.
If sitting in your home office is stunting your creative juices, move to another location. Going for a walk outside clears a clogged mind, but at the same time old stuff is filtered out and new ideas are filtered in. Don't forget to bring something to help you remember your new ideas.
2. Working with an outline will help you stay focused and on the topic. You want to write with clarity and with substance. Don't get too wordy. Get to the point.
3. Research your topic if necessary. Providing misinformation is poor, unprofessional and you lose believability and credibility.
4. Write with a solution in mind. The reason you write is to inform and to help answer your target audience's questions.
5. Connect with your audience. People want to hear your voice. Don't be someone you're not. You get more respect if you are yourself and you are genuine. One of my favourite quotes comes from John Mason "You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
6. Have a beginning, middle and end. Grab your readers' attention with a mind blowing intro. Okay not mind blowing, but something that will entice them to read and not skim through.
The body is where all the juicy information is and the conclusion nicely sums up the message of the article.
7. Proofread, proofread, proofread. And then proofread again out loud. Get another pair of eyes and have them read through your article with a fine tooth comb. Microsoft Word spell checker doesn't detect correctly spelled words used incorrectly in a sentence. Read your apostrophes fully to see if it's (it is) right.
8. Don't be a perfectionist. It's okay to fine tune just don't over tweak, over think and over analyze. The more you edit, the more you lose the core of the article.
9. Write regularly, but not forced or rushed. The latter produces substandard articles.
10. Always have a thesaurus and dictionary close by and use it.
Each time you pick up a pen or start typing in Word, follow these article writing tips to ensure you always create the best quality writing masterpieces.
By: S McIntyre
S McIntyre is the founder www.WorkAtHomeSpace.com, a free work at home resource offering telecommuting jobs, home businesses, articles, and other work at home related topics. Join her on her work at home forums for more article writing tips.
This article may be reprinted for free so long as the author's resource box is kept intact and all links remain live and clickable. The Article Source must also be included. All rights are reserved by the author.
Log in or
--Enter Comment Here--
Recent Articles (0)
Business Training & Coaching
Facebook / LinkedIn / Twitter
Internet Promotion / SEO
Making Money Online / Ideas
Mobile Web Development
Motivation & Inspiration
Promoting Your Business
Rantz - Business & Wisdom
Sales & Marketing
Social Media & Web 2.0
Technology & Gadgets
Unique Gifts & Fun Stuff
Video Workshops / Tutorials Etc
Web & Business Resources
Copyright 2012. Active Tv Networks
Launch your own Turn-Key
Education / Archival
Site. Only at