What We Do
Meet The Team
Board of Advisors
Become our Reseller
E-Learning + Social Sites (Ready to Go)
WebStores / E-Commerce (Ready to Go)
Video Management Websites
SEO + Social Marketing
Digital Interactive Brochures
Realtor / Brokerage Management
Motivation & Inspiration
5 Strategies that Will Help You Be Blessed in the Midst of a Crisis
Posted on 06-21-2010 242 Views
Rate this Article
By: Dana Susan Beasley
Feeling stressed? Overwhelmed? Who isn't in these hard times!
If it's not the news bombarding us with dire predictions, we have problems with our neighbors, struggles with our kids, financial hurdles that seem unbearable, health problems that won't go away...
Then there are those moments of crisis when all seems impossible. Why not throw in the towel and give up?
I know for me, this last week presented huge challenges. I feel like my life is like my jewelry that is all tangled up in the box. It's impossibly tangled and the junk is all mixed up with the valuable items. All of it is useless in such a tangle. If I could pull each strand apart and eliminate the worthless trinkets, I would rediscover the treasures that I own and I could once again use it to adorn myself!
So how do we untangle ourselves from all these problems? One way is to work through a crisis step by step. Try these ideas inspired by MY most recent tyranny of the urgent!
1) Go to Jesus. Invite Him into the trouble. He says in Matthew 11 that He will carry your burdens. He wants to be your best friend. Honestly share your feelings and pour out your heart. Then leave your troubles with Him. Every night, I can't wait to read a Psalm and I always find much comfort in the words. I meditate on one passage and make it a prayer, leaving all my burdens with Jesus.
2) Take an emotional time out. Sit outside and listen to the birds sing. I love to sit out on my porch with the fountain running and the mourning doves cooing outside. This is a great source of relaxation to me.
3) Be calm. Do not overreact. If you act out of nervousness and fear, you will make the situation worse. If you need some time before making a crucial decision, take that time! I know that for my husband, reacting in a crisis rather than responding is very easy for him. For some reason, I am able to work through the crisis in a relatively calm manner. I might be shaking inside, but I know I have to get through the crisis step by step, so I plow through it. Of course, after the crisis I am a complete emotional wreck!
4) Move your body. Go for a walk or jog. If you can't get out of the house, have a low-impact machine like an air walker handy. Listen to praise music while you exercise. This will make your mind stronger when a crisis comes. For me, we've shouldered many crises with the economic downturn. My daily exercise program was a huge help in getting me through them.
5) Plow through what you have to do even though you don't feel like it. Last weekend, the last thing I wanted to do was paint furniture. But I did, and what a relief! Then I made myself work on my new landing page for AngelNotes, www.inspirationalezine.com. This was a more joyful experience that got better and better as I worked. Now today, faced with more challenges, I got the inspiration to write a new homeschooling ebook. I finished it in five hours and now I have it available online! I am making progress despite the chaos in my life and it helps to mitigate the frustration I often feel.
Well, I hope that helps next time a crisis presents itself to you! Practice these and you will reach new heights in your life!
By: Dana Susan Beasley
For more inspiration, sign up today for Dana Susan Beasley's FREE inspirational ezine, AngelNotes. You will reach new heights in your life and beyond! And includes FREE bonuses for signing up! www.inspirationalezine.com Dana Susan Beasley is principal/publisher of AngelArts, a creative arts agency and publishing house. Dana delights in sharing her gifts and talents and the talents of others with people who are passionate about spiritual, personal, professional, ministrial, artistic, and relational growth. If you like this article, you'll love Dana's products and services that will help you reach new heights in your life, home, relationships, business, ministry, and artistry. You can learn more about Dana's products and services at www.angelarts.biz
This article may be reprinted for free so long as the author's resource box is kept intact and all links remain live and clickable. The Article Source must also be included. All rights are reserved by the author.
Log in or
--Enter Comment Here--
Recent Articles (0)
Business Training & Coaching
Facebook / LinkedIn / Twitter
Internet Promotion / SEO
Making Money Online / Ideas
Mobile Web Development
Motivation & Inspiration
Promoting Your Business
Rantz - Business & Wisdom
Sales & Marketing
Social Media & Web 2.0
Technology & Gadgets
Unique Gifts & Fun Stuff
Video Workshops / Tutorials Etc
Web & Business Resources
Copyright 2012. Active Tv Networks
Launch your own Turn-Key
Education / Archival
Site. Only at